Frequently asked questions
What will I need to get my valuation?
You will need to provide us with the following:
- • Your vehicle registration number
- • The current mileage of your car
- • Personal contact details
We will request further information from you if you decide to make an appointment following your valuation.
What factors affect the value of my car?
There are a few details which can impact the valuation given to your car, for example, the condition, age, service history, number of previous owners and in some cases, the colour.
How is my valuation calculated?
We use the information which you provide, along with our own knowledge and expectations of the vehicle to value your car.
How long is my valuation valid for?
Our valuations are valid for up to 7 days, as we understand you may need some time to think about the offer. Whist we’re always confident that you'll be getting a great price from us, there is absolutely no pressure to accept this immediately.
What happens after I receive my valuation?
After you’ve completed your online valuation, you can then book an appointment at any of our dealerships at a time that’s convenient for you.
However, you don’t have to do this straight away. If you decide to book an appointment a later date, the quickest way to do this is to follow the link in your valuation email, or sign into your MyCar account.
There is no obligation to sell your car when you visit for your appointment.
What are the conditions of the valuation?
These are as follows:
- • You must be the registered owner of the vehicle for a minimum of 6 months and be able to provide us with the logbook (V5c)
- • Your car must have a valid MOT certificate on the day of hand over
- • Your car is not an import and was first registered in the UK (mainland)
- • Your car has not been used as a taxi or by a driving school
- • Your car has not been in a major accident and has never been an insurance write off
- • Your car has 2 sets of keys
- • Where applicable the SatNav memory or Sim Card must be in the car
- • Vehicle must have a spare wheel with a legal tyre or where applicable a tyre inflation kit
- • All interior fixings such as the parcel shelf are included in the car
- • The valuation is valid for 7 days and is based on the mileage and condition described.
Can I still sell my car if I don’t meet some of the valuation conditions?
Yes, you might still be able to sell your car to us - we just need to do this in person.
Find your local dealership to book an appointment today.
Will you still buy my car if there is any outstanding finance on it?
Yes. You just need to contact your finance company and request a valid settlement letter. Once you have this, simply bring it to your appointment with us. We will settle the outstanding balance and deduct this from the payment we give you for your car.
If you owe more finance than the value of your car, we will still purchase the vehicle from you - you will just need to pay us the shortfall.
Important note: You must not cancel your direct debit until we have received your car and confirmed that all finance has been paid off. If you do cancel the direct debit early, you may have to pay an additional fee.
What will I need for my dealership appointment?
For the vehicle inspection you will need:
- Your driving licence
- A bank statement which is addressed in your name, to your home address and dated within the last 3 months
- Vehicle Registration V5 Document
- The vehicle’s service history records
- A valid finance settlement letter – showing the final settlement figure and finance company bank details (if applicable)
- All keys – including spares
- Any accessories related to the use of the vehicle i.e., user manual, locking wheel nut key, memory cards etc.
How long will my dealership appointment last?
Your appointment should last between 30-60 minutes.
Are there any additional fees?
No. Regardless of the value of your car, there are no additional charges or admin fees if you decide to sell to us.
Should I cancel my direct debit to my finance company, prior to my appointment to sell my car?
No. It is important that you do not cancel your direct debit, until we have received your car and confirmed that all finance has been paid off. If you cancel the direct debit too early, you risk owing an additional payment.
Do you buy cars in any condition?
Please book an appointment at your local dealership if you’d like to discuss this in person.
Do you accept non-runners?
No, we do not buy cars which are non-runners. The vehicle must be able to start up.
Will you buy my car if it has private reg?
Yes, we can still buy your car, however the private registration plates will need to be removed prior to sale.
Can you value any vehicle?
We can only value cars under £25,000. However, if your car is worth more than this, simply book an appointment at your local dealership, and we can discuss your options further.
Do you accept video valuations?
No, unfortunately we don’t accept video valuations. You must bring your car to the dealership so we can carry out the inspection in person.
How long will the payment process take?
If you decide you want to go ahead and sell your car to us, payment will be made during your appointment with us. This will be via made via a BACS transfer and should take around 3-5 working days to appear in your bank account.