For your valuation, you will need to provide us with:
• Your vehicle registration
• The current mileage of your car
• Personal contact information
We will request further information from you if you proceed to make an appointment after your valuation.
What will affect the value of my car?
There are quite a few things that can have an impact on the valuation of your car - the overall condition, service history, any optional extras, the number of previous owners... and even the colour!
We use the vehicle information you provide us with to value your car, along with our own expectations of the vehicle.
How long is my car valuation valid for?
Our valuations are valid for up to 7 days. We know it’s not a quick decision to decide to sell your car and we understand that you might want some time to think about things. While we're confident that you're getting a great price from us, there is absolutely no pressure to accept straight away.
What happens after my valuation?
Once you have completed your online valuation, you can then book an appointment at any of our dealerships for a time that suits you.
Appointments can be made through our website, with confirmation sent by email.
However, you don’t have to book your appointment straight away. If you decide to book at a later date, the quickest way for you to do this would be to simply click on the link in your valuation email or sign into your MyCar account where you will be able to view your valuation and arrange your appointment.
All of our appointments are free, with no obligation to sell.
What are the conditions of the valuation?
The conditions of the valuation are:
- You must have been the registered owner of the vehicle for a minimum of 6 months and be able to provide us with the logbook (V5c)
- Your car must have a valid MOT certificate on the day of hand over
- Your car is not an import and was first registered in the UK (mainland)
- Your car has not been used as a taxi or by a driving school
- Your car has not been in a major accident and has never been an insurance write off
- Your car has 2 sets of keys
- Where applicable the SatNav memory or Sim Card must be in the car
- Vehicle must have a spare wheel with a legal tyre or where applicable a tyre inflation kit
- All interior fixings such as the parcel shelf are included in the car
- The valuation is valid for 7 days and is based on the mileage and condition described.
What if I don't meet the conditions of valuation criteria?
Don’t worry, you might be able to still sell your car to us - we would just need to do this in person.
Click here to find your local dealership and to book an appointment.
Will you still buy my car if there is any outstanding finance on it?
Yes, of course!
All you need to do is contact your finance company to request a valid settlement letter and bring this with you to your appointment. Whatever the outstanding balance is, we will settle it for you and deduct it from the payment we give you for your car.
If you owe more finance than the value of your car, we will still happily purchase the vehicle from you - you will just need to pay us the shortfall.
Important note: Do not cancel your direct debit until we have received your car and confirmed that all finance has been paid. If you do cancel the direct debit early, you may risk owing a payment which you will be obliged to pay.
What you will need for your appointment:
For the vehicle inspection you will need:
• Your driving licence
• A bank statement – addressed to your name and current home address dated within 3 months
• Vehicle Registration V5 Document
• The service history records
• Valid finance settlement letter – showing final settlement figure and finance company bank details (if applicable)
• All keys – including spares
• Any accessories related to the use of the vehicle i.e. user manual, locking wheel nut key, memory cards etc
How long will my appointment last at the dealership?
Your appointment will last between 30-60 minutes.
Are there any fees or administration costs?
No. Regardless of the value of your car, there are no other charges or fees if you decide to sell to us.
Shall I cancel my direct debit to my finance company prior to my appointment to sell my car?
It is important that you do not cancel your direct debit until we have received your car and confirmed that all finance has been paid. If you do cancel the direct debit early, you may risk owing a payment which you will be obliged to pay.
Do you buy cars in any condition?
If you would prefer to discuss selling your car to us in person, please book an appointment at your local dealership.
Do you accept non-runners?
No, we do not accept non-runners. The vehicle must be able to start up properly.
Will you buy my car if it has private registrations?
Yes, however the private registrations will need to be removed prior to sale.
Do you carry out valuations on any vehicle?
We can only value cars under £25,000. However, if your car is worth more than £25,000, you can arrange an appointment with your local dealership to discuss your options further.
To book your appointment, click here.
Do you accept video valuations?
Unfortunately, we do not accept video valuations. You will need to bring your vehicle to your local dealership so we can carry out the valuation in person.
When will I receive payment for my car?
The payment will be made at the appointment if you decide you do want to sell your car to us. Payment will be made via a BACS transfer and will take around 3-5 working days to appear in your bank account.