If you decide to sell your car to Macklin Motors, rest assured you will receive an expert valuation.
We will always give you the best price for your car, and our online valuation tool gives you an instant quote. Our team will then carry out an inspection of your vehicle.
However, there are certain factors which can affect the valuation given to your car.
Read on to find out more.
The age of your car will impact its valuation - a car’s value goes down the older it is. However, don’t worry too much about that, as the age of a car is something which you can’t control. Instead, try to focus on some of the factors you can control - like the condition of the car.
When it comes to being valued, the condition of your vehicle is extremely important.
Making sure that you keep on top of your vehicle’s cosmetics and mechanics will stand you in good stead when you come to sell it. No-one wants to buy a car that’s covered in bumps, or that isn’t mechanically sound.
Therefore, it is important to make sure that you maintain your vehicle properly during your ownership. If your car is damaged, then simply book an appointment with our Bodyshop team and they will get it looking as good as new in no time.
Regularly getting your vehicle serviced ensures smooth and efficiently operation, as well as helping when it comes to selling your car. A vehicle that has a full service history will be valued higher than a vehicle that doesn’t.
It’s important to have your vehicle serviced every year, so if yours is due, book in at your local Macklin Motors dealership today.
The lower the mileage on your vehicle, the better the valuation.
Cars that have a high mileage tend to have higher upkeep costs and therefore their value is lower.
Number of Previous Owners
If a car has only had one previous owner, it’s more likely to have been well kept and vital accessories, such as spare keys, are less likely to have been lost.
If you are interested in selling your car to Macklin Motors, here are the conditions of valuation to be aware of:
- You must be the registered owner of the vehicle and have been so for a minimum of six months, and be able to provide the logbook (V5c)
- Your car must have a valid MOT certificate on the day of hand over
- Your car is not an import and was first registered in the UK (mainland)
- Your car has not been used as a taxi or by a driving school
- Your car has not been in a major accident and has never been written off
- Your car has two sets of keys
- Where applicable, the SatNav memory or Sim Card must be in the car
- Vehicle must have a spare wheel with a legal tyre, or where applicable a tyre inflation kit
- All interior fixings such as the parcel shelf must be included in the car
- The valuation is valid for seven days and is based on the mileage and condition described
Find information on how to prepare your car for sale, or if you are ready to start your valuation, then head over to our Sell My Car page today.