Production has now started on models equipped with Ford's multi-award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost the first 1.0-litre petrol engine in the segment.
The line-up is further extended with a new 209bhp bi-turbo 2.0-litre TDCi diesel engine, a fuel-efficient 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engine and Intelligent All-Wheel Drive technology.
In total, the new Mondeo now comes with 14 powertrain combinations on four-door, five-door and wagon body-styles.
These engines include:
- 124bhp 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol manual
- 159bhp 1.5-litre EcoBoost petrol manual and automatic
- 239bhp 2.0-litre EcoBoost petrol automatic
- 119bhp 1.5-litre TDCi diesel manual
- 149bhp and 180PS 2.0-litre TDCi diesel manual and automatic
- 149bhp and 180PS 2.0-litre TDCi diesel Intelligent All-Wheel Drive
- 209bhp 2.0-litre TDCi diesel automatic
- 86bhp petrol-electric hybrid
Vice president, marketing, sales and service at Ford of Europe Roelant de Waard said: "With the full range of powertrains now rolling off the production line at our state-of-the-art plant in Valencia, Spain, Ford now offers the widest ever choice for Mondeo customers. Sophisticated technology like our segment-first Inflatable Rear Seatbelts helps make Mondeo an even more compelling choice."